Tuesday, January 22, 2008

new box




So I have been redoing my newer midi interface to make it more like a bigger version of the one that I play live with. I'm adding 32 knobs and resetting the buttons to a more user friendly placement. I also didn't want to make it not look like a monome.. because that is not me. After this hardware project I am going to build a sidbox which, is the ucapps version of sidstation but, better and way more cooler because, what is the funny of spending 1,000 dollars for something you can build for yourself for around $200. DIY !!!!!!
The nds synth project will be done is about two weeks if I was to guess. I have most of it done and need to test and compile a few things. We will see. Most of what I have been doing was building a file saver for the presets for the 16 channels of audio. In retrospect, I probably should have not written all this code (over 1,000 lines) because, since this is going to be controlled by midi sequencers on computer that could easily save the preset for each project. Though there will be no way for the computer sequencer could save the files that are saved in the fat directory but, I guess I could assume that the files from the fat would always be loaded to the same position in the fat array structure. It could however run into problems since I wouldn't want to load all raw sound files into the memory. More things to think about I guess.

No comments: