Sunday, January 13, 2008

NDS Synth Fat Fixed

So I recently fixed the issue I was having trying to load samples off rom card using the Fat Spec. What seems to have been the problem is that the flags in the arm complier need to be set to a different chip. I found this out by comparing my MakeFile against that of what was in the PALIB test files which, were working. I'm not sure if the devprokit is were I got those flags from. The process of putting together the Makefile for me to compile my scripts was really insane since, I need to have it link to my coded arm7 main file since that is where all the sound source code is. Oh, the ds has to processors an arm9 and arm7, so what that means is that you have to write two different programs to run on each processor. It is a was a little bit tricky for me to first get my head rap around but, after awhile it seem kind of easy. So, with this fix I will be able to have people load their own samples in the synth. Though it wouldn't have a file browser right off, since that will take me a least a week to implement and develop, so, instead it will just load files out of a wav directory into memory automatically.
On other fronts I haven't been able to test out my midines/reaktor setup yet because, I have got my powersupply or my 73 pin cartridge slot in the mail yet... the same is also true for my parts for my redux interface.
= (

No comments: